<$BlogRSDURL$>
My tweets

    Site Feed - Site Feed

    My other writings
    Cricket 24 x 7
    Jaagruthi
    Yahoo! 360
    Mayajaal
    My Bloglines
    My 43 things
    My LinkedIn
    My Facebook Profile On Orkut

    Mail me
    About me
    FlickrFlickr Feed

    Yahoo! Search



    Baakiyon ke blog
    Badri's Tamil thoughts
    Ganesh's Happily Haphazard
    Nitin's Acorn
    Prabhu's Pethals
    Raghu the reluctant Delhiite
    Samanth's blahg
    Sankhya the busy idler
    Srini the movie critic

    Creative Commons License
    Rabble Rousing Random Ramblings by S Jagadish is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.

    May 15, 2003
     

    Cricket


    It just struck me that Mike Procter's decision not to take any action on any of the cricketers involved in the sledging-fighting at Antigua was totally inconsistent with what transpired in November 2001 when India toured South Africa. Sourav Ganguly was handed a suspended one match ban. This was Mike Denness' statement:

    Sourav Ganguly:

    For alleged breach of ICC Players and Team Officials Code No.1 & 2. Spirit of the Game, including Conduct of on-field players and bringing the game into disprepute.

    Match Referee Decision:
    Mr Ganguly so long as he remains Captain of India a one-Test Match and two-ODI Matches ban have been imposed. The ban will be suspended until the last day of January 2002.

    Players and Team Officials Code No 1:
    "The captains are responsible at all times for ensuring that play is conducted within the spirit of the game as well as within the Laws of Cricket."


    Pardon me for asking, but what on earth was Steve Waugh doing? Was he controlling McGrath? Was he controlling Hayden or Lehmann when they had their "Hello mate!" sessions with Lara earlier in the game? What about his own sledging match with Lara while standing at short cover?

    Maybe there's a rule in the ICC book which says 'The captains (as long as they are not Australian) are responsible for ...'.



    Some of the sites linked in my rants may require registration/subscription. Links within my ramblings open in a new window.
    Some of the links may now be broken/not take you to the expected report since the original content providers may have archived/removed the contents.
    All opinions expressed are mine alone. My employers (past, present or future) are in no way connected to the opinions expressed here.
    All pictures, photographs used are copyrights of the original owners. I do not intend to infringe on any copyright.
    Pictures and photographs are used here to merely accentuate and enhance the content value to the readers.


    Previous Posts
    Cricket Glenn McGrath, that paragon of Aussie on-...

    General Can you blame the system or the individua...

    Music I've noticed a queer trend in tamil film so...

    Quotably yours The higher you go, the more diffic...

    Personal Apologies readers, I've been ridiculousl...

    Movies One on movies after a while. I decided not...

    Health/Policies I was talking to someone at my wo...

    Sport I watched the first half of Real Madrid v M...

    Politics Apres moi, le deluge. In something eeril...

    Politics I think after the war broke out, I menti...

    This page is powered by Blogger.