<$BlogRSDURL$>
My tweets

    Site Feed - Site Feed

    My other writings
    Cricket 24 x 7
    Jaagruthi
    Yahoo! 360
    Mayajaal
    My Bloglines
    My 43 things
    My LinkedIn
    My Facebook Profile On Orkut

    Mail me
    About me
    FlickrFlickr Feed

    Yahoo! Search



    Baakiyon ke blog
    Badri's Tamil thoughts
    Ganesh's Happily Haphazard
    Nitin's Acorn
    Prabhu's Pethals
    Raghu the reluctant Delhiite
    Samanth's blahg
    Sankhya the busy idler
    Srini the movie critic

    Creative Commons License
    Rabble Rousing Random Ramblings by S Jagadish is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.

    October 08, 2004
     

    At last I'm not alone at Bangalore anymore! Krithi and Jaagruthi got back to Bangalore a week ago. It took me a couple of days to get used to the fact that I wasnt going to be alone anymore, well for a while at least! There was a fair amount of work to be done to set the house right, unpack many boxes and arrange the stuff in them into cupboards/shelves etc. Then there was the small matter of a few thousand clothes in various hues and colours belonging to Krithi which had to also, obviously, find a prime location to sit in. Amma had also come in from Madras and they both got the house in order. I insensitively ended up staying at office till 830-9 pm or so! It does feel great having them back though. At least it wont be me talking to myself or the walls ... or just plain silence!

    Over the last couple of days, Jaagruthi seems to have got used to having me around. For the last three months it has mainly been weekend trips and so obviously she hasnt registered me in her tiny brain. But now that I manage to be with her for a stretch typically in the mornings, I think she recognizes me. Apparently, most new fathers have the privilege of being called uncle by their kids since the newborn doesnt see the father that frequently. I hope I wont be called so.

    She has in fact also started smiling at some of my antics, which typically include saying something and vigorously shaking my head. That extracts peals of laughter from her. Krithi started it first and Jaagruthi really loved it. I do however carry out my experiments on her. Instead of saying something and vigorously shaking my head, I tried just saying something without shaking my head. That didnt elicit any laughter. Then I didnt say a thing but shook my head. That drove her crazy and she started laughing. So she laughs regardless of what we say!

    Allegedly she turns when her name is shouted out. I tried it a couple of times and she seemed to respond. I then screamed out some random word and she turned. Then I shouted my brother's name and she turned again. I'd love to have seen these experiment fail, but unfortunately they succeeded and that means that she isnt responding to the sound of her name, yet.

    Rambled @ 1:35 PM

    Did you like the post? [ Subscribe to the blog feed - Blog Feed | | ]

    0 comment(s)

    I'd prefer if you posted comments with your real name to add more credibility to your opinions. Obviously comments containing offensive and unsuitable language will be deleted. The opinions in the comments are your own views. You are welcome to provide a URL to your own blog, especially if it discusses issues you find here.

    Post a Comment



    Some of the sites linked in my rants may require registration/subscription. Links within my ramblings open in a new window.
    Some of the links may now be broken/not take you to the expected report since the original content providers may have archived/removed the contents.
    All opinions expressed are mine alone. My employers (past, present or future) are in no way connected to the opinions expressed here.
    All pictures, photographs used are copyrights of the original owners. I do not intend to infringe on any copyright.
    Pictures and photographs are used here to merely accentuate and enhance the content value to the readers.


    Previous Posts
    Thought of the day: You know you've been at work f...

    Full transcript of the vice presidential debate be...

    Full text of yesterday's debate between Bush and K...

    Yet another comparison of the Indian EVM with the ...

    Mars and Snickers bars will be downsized following...

    What does it take for you to establish your own co...

    The Guardian features the baby blog boom. Ok, let ...

    Should India trust Musharraf based on the stories ...

    Forbes Magazine's list of the 400 most wealthy Ame...

    Nicholas Kristoff tries to find out why the US wil...

    This page is powered by Blogger.