<$BlogRSDURL$>
My tweets

    Site Feed - Site Feed

    My other writings
    Cricket 24 x 7
    Jaagruthi
    Yahoo! 360
    Mayajaal
    My Bloglines
    My 43 things
    My LinkedIn
    My Facebook Profile On Orkut

    Mail me
    About me
    FlickrFlickr Feed

    Yahoo! Search



    Baakiyon ke blog
    Badri's Tamil thoughts
    Ganesh's Happily Haphazard
    Nitin's Acorn
    Prabhu's Pethals
    Raghu the reluctant Delhiite
    Samanth's blahg
    Sankhya the busy idler
    Srini the movie critic

    Creative Commons License
    Rabble Rousing Random Ramblings by S Jagadish is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.

    August 08, 2003
     

    Personal


    It has been just over a month since I got married. Several people have asked me how it feels. One of the things that has certainly changed is the amount of cupboard space I have.

    As a bachelor I had the entire house to myself, things strewn across all cupboards. I am however proud of the fact that there was a serene-ness to the chaos. All the cupboards had my things in them, but there was no real randomness to the distribution. Clothes, books, photographs, household items, bills/vouchers, bank transactions etc. everything was arranged properly in separate shelves and I could easily retrieve anything I wanted without having to use a lookup table of the nature I created to remember which TV channel was on what channel number.

    However now, I'm resigned to owning just 50% of the cupboard space. Relatives and friends have however warned me that they all started off with 50% and consider me lucky if I have 25% of the space in a years' time. Cometh the kid and the cupboard space shrinks further, they sermonize.

    The other fascinating observation I've made in the last month is the influx of myriad shades of pink, orange, yellow, red, blue in the house. Its not just the cupboard where the clothes provide as many colours as a 1024 x 768 desktop can hold; sofa cushions/backrests need to have at least 2 hues, "bommai" potta mugs/cups make their entry, curtains need to be multicoloured and matching the shades on the bedspreads, the bedspreads and bedsheets need to have cartoon characters or cuddly animals splashed liberally and so on, so forth. Thus far, the blessed refrigerator has escaped this treatment although I'm not sure how long it'll succeed in keeping at bay the hordes from the land of Multicolouria.



    Some of the sites linked in my rants may require registration/subscription. Links within my ramblings open in a new window.
    Some of the links may now be broken/not take you to the expected report since the original content providers may have archived/removed the contents.
    All opinions expressed are mine alone. My employers (past, present or future) are in no way connected to the opinions expressed here.
    All pictures, photographs used are copyrights of the original owners. I do not intend to infringe on any copyright.
    Pictures and photographs are used here to merely accentuate and enhance the content value to the readers.


    Previous Posts
    Cricket Nasser Hussain, in one of the wimpiest de...

    Cricket The International Cricket Council has, in...

    Personal Unfortunately today dawned and I had to ...

    Cricket The ECB has announced the great success o...

    George Bush has praised Pervez Musharraf as a "cou...

    Politics Over the last month or so, pressure has ...

    Cricket Mohammad Azharuddin, that stylish Indian ...

    Society & ReligionOne of the main reasons I'm agno...

    Quotably yours Why do they call it rush hour whe...

    General Once again a long delay in updating. I wa...

    This page is powered by Blogger.