<$BlogRSDURL$>
My tweets

    Site Feed - Site Feed

    My other writings
    Cricket 24 x 7
    Jaagruthi
    Yahoo! 360
    Mayajaal
    My Bloglines
    My 43 things
    My LinkedIn
    My Facebook Profile On Orkut

    Mail me
    About me
    FlickrFlickr Feed

    Yahoo! Search



    Baakiyon ke blog
    Badri's Tamil thoughts
    Ganesh's Happily Haphazard
    Nitin's Acorn
    Prabhu's Pethals
    Raghu the reluctant Delhiite
    Samanth's blahg
    Sankhya the busy idler
    Srini the movie critic

    Creative Commons License
    Rabble Rousing Random Ramblings by S Jagadish is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.

    August 30, 2003
     

    Travel


    Few more colleagues from the Bangalore office have come visiting here. So in the last couple of days, we've had dinner at Indian restuarants. Yesterday I had masala dosai at Udipi palace. It was just about so-so, not enough salt in either sambar or the masala or the maavu. The Saravana Bhavan masala I had when I went there alone was quite good. I'm still on the lookout for better places. Reader contributions and experiences are welcome by email :)

    London had a blackout yesterday which affected most of its railway system and life in general. I haven't read too many details but it seems odd that barely a couple of weeks after New York and other areas in the east coast of the USA got affected, London is affected by a power crisis. I think there's more to it than meets the eye. Terrorists could be assessing the impact of causing such power shutdowns on life in general. Obviously people are going to be in a state of paranoia, wondering if it could be a terrorist attack or not. I'd really not rule out sabotage, the way the NYC officials did almost immediately after the blackout occured.

    I'm off to New York for the weekend (incl. Labor day on Sep 1st: Hey thats another odd thing isn't it, the world over, workers' day is on May 1. Apparently US labourers are special?). I hope to see a lot of NY along with meeting relatives etc. I wonder what the security paranoia is going to be like: I'm told checking is much stricter on domestic flights (and well, for a good reason, the flights which hit the WTC were domestic ones, not international ones. The hijackers were trained to be pilots in the US of A, not in Afghanistan/Pakistan/Iraq etc.). I was wondering about whether I could go and catch some of the action at the US Open but the tickets were rather steeply priced. Besides I have no idea which match I would be going to. I'm not terribly interested in watching a singles game and now that the Paes-Navratilova pair isnt playing this year, I wonder who to watch.

    Anyway watch out for the updates from NY.

    Labels: ,



    Some of the sites linked in my rants may require registration/subscription. Links within my ramblings open in a new window.
    Some of the links may now be broken/not take you to the expected report since the original content providers may have archived/removed the contents.
    All opinions expressed are mine alone. My employers (past, present or future) are in no way connected to the opinions expressed here.
    All pictures, photographs used are copyrights of the original owners. I do not intend to infringe on any copyright.
    Pictures and photographs are used here to merely accentuate and enhance the content value to the readers.


    Previous Posts
    Travel Back to the travelblog. On Saturday, I met...

    Politics I'm forced to digress from the current t...

    Travel Nothing happened during the weekdays, exce...

    Travel Thursday and Friday were fairly monotonous...

    Travel On Monday night, I managed to get dialup i...

    Travel This blog is being posted from a place wit...

    Personal It has been just over a month since I go...

    Cricket Nasser Hussain, in one of the wimpiest de...

    Cricket The International Cricket Council has, in...

    Personal Unfortunately today dawned and I had to ...

    This page is powered by Blogger.