<$BlogRSDURL$>
My tweets

    Site Feed - Site Feed

    My other writings
    Cricket 24 x 7
    Jaagruthi
    Yahoo! 360
    Mayajaal
    My Bloglines
    My 43 things
    My LinkedIn
    My Facebook Profile On Orkut

    Mail me
    About me
    FlickrFlickr Feed

    Yahoo! Search



    Baakiyon ke blog
    Badri's Tamil thoughts
    Ganesh's Happily Haphazard
    Nitin's Acorn
    Prabhu's Pethals
    Raghu the reluctant Delhiite
    Samanth's blahg
    Sankhya the busy idler
    Srini the movie critic

    Creative Commons License
    Rabble Rousing Random Ramblings by S Jagadish is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.

    May 16, 2007
     

    It must be the season of M&A

    First, there was news about Rupert Murdoch making a US $5 billion bid to buy Dow Jones and company. A couple of days later, the New York Post reported that Microsoft was quoting around US $50 billion for Yahoo!.

    Yesterday, Thomson Corporation announced that it was buying Reuters for around US $17.6 billion.

    I did work at one of those companies listed above. But I really do find it tough to believe that Yahoo is valued at nearly 3 times Thomson's valuation of Reuters or 10 times what Murdoch valued Dow Jones to be (Wall Street Journal comes as part of the deal!). Crazy times! Or it is an indicator of how desperate Microsoft is?! Mind you, I didn't do any significant course on valuation or mergers and acquisitions at IIM!

    Labels: , , , , , , , ,



    Some of the sites linked in my rants may require registration/subscription. Links within my ramblings open in a new window.
    Some of the links may now be broken/not take you to the expected report since the original content providers may have archived/removed the contents.
    All opinions expressed are mine alone. My employers (past, present or future) are in no way connected to the opinions expressed here.
    All pictures, photographs used are copyrights of the original owners. I do not intend to infringe on any copyright.
    Pictures and photographs are used here to merely accentuate and enhance the content value to the readers.


    Previous Posts
    Deliciously rich irony

    Fascinating similarity between Krishna and Jesus

    My first convocation

    The future has verbal diarrhea

    'Daughter of the East' wanted to go further east

    Rama was a 'Madrasi'!

    Two Neros

    Ambareesh quits Lok Sabha in protest

    Water - the flavour of the fortnight

    "No more remakes", swear Tamil and Kannada film ma...

    This page is powered by Blogger.