<$BlogRSDURL$>
My tweets

    Site Feed - Site Feed

    My other writings
    Cricket 24 x 7
    Jaagruthi
    Yahoo! 360
    Mayajaal
    My Bloglines
    My 43 things
    My LinkedIn
    My Facebook Profile On Orkut

    Mail me
    About me
    FlickrFlickr Feed

    Yahoo! Search



    Baakiyon ke blog
    Badri's Tamil thoughts
    Ganesh's Happily Haphazard
    Nitin's Acorn
    Prabhu's Pethals
    Raghu the reluctant Delhiite
    Samanth's blahg
    Sankhya the busy idler
    Srini the movie critic

    Creative Commons License
    Rabble Rousing Random Ramblings by S Jagadish is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.

    March 23, 2006
     

    Bye, Sowmya

    I found out today through a posting on my school (Vidya Mandir, Mylapore, Madras) batch (1993) mailing list that a classmate, S Sowmya, passed away on the 27th of February [reason deleted on her brother's request]. While that is sad in itself, I felt a lot more miserable when I visited Sowmya's blog, Just Like That. Her entries make it appear as though she lived around Airport Road/Indiranagar etc. I live in the same part of Bangalore. If only I'd known about her condition earlier ...

    I'm certainly not claiming that I was a great friend of hers. I think we may have met only a few times in the last 13 years, during a few 12-C get-togethers after we'd all passed out and probably at a couple of weddings. She got married last June. She never explicitly mentioned her suffering on her blog. With the benefit of hindsight, the only hint I could get was from an October 2004 post.[Hint about the actual disease deleted in deference to her brother's request]

    In her last post on Oct 6, 2005, she wrote

    I will not be updating this blog for the next few months. Some personal problem has come up that needs more attention.
    Thanks for visiting. Do come back after a few months.
    We did, she didn't!:(

    Bye Sowmya. Even if I didn't know about your fight & struggle [disease name deleted since her brother wrote against publicizing it], I feel proud of you. It is insane and cruel that your life ended at 29.



    Some of the sites linked in my rants may require registration/subscription. Links within my ramblings open in a new window.
    Some of the links may now be broken/not take you to the expected report since the original content providers may have archived/removed the contents.
    All opinions expressed are mine alone. My employers (past, present or future) are in no way connected to the opinions expressed here.
    All pictures, photographs used are copyrights of the original owners. I do not intend to infringe on any copyright.
    Pictures and photographs are used here to merely accentuate and enhance the content value to the readers.


    Previous Posts
    Pricing missed calls and a rant on phone numbers

    Sting Operator Beware!

    Competition for Indian Railways

    90% reactors under safeguards?

    Caught in the cross-fire

    Common thread in Mani Ratnam movies

    Jason Kottke abandons plan

    The nuclear deal and unclear opposition

    A case for doing away with reservation

    Three years old and an inflection point

    This page is powered by Blogger.