<$BlogRSDURL$>
My tweets

    Site Feed - Site Feed

    My other writings
    Cricket 24 x 7
    Jaagruthi
    Yahoo! 360
    Mayajaal
    My Bloglines
    My 43 things
    My LinkedIn
    My Facebook Profile On Orkut

    Mail me
    About me
    FlickrFlickr Feed

    Yahoo! Search



    Baakiyon ke blog
    Badri's Tamil thoughts
    Ganesh's Happily Haphazard
    Nitin's Acorn
    Prabhu's Pethals
    Raghu the reluctant Delhiite
    Samanth's blahg
    Sankhya the busy idler
    Srini the movie critic

    Creative Commons License
    Rabble Rousing Random Ramblings by S Jagadish is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License.

    September 29, 2003
     

    Politics


    Righto. Back to one of my favourite topics: Sangh Parivar bashing. Two news items in consecutive days have made me feel ecstatic about the saffron brigade.

    Doctors asking the Medical Council of India to deregister Pravin Togadia

    In case you folks didnt know, Pravin Togadia (of the VHP) is an oncologist, i.e. someone who treats, diagnoses tumours, most of the time cancerous ones. I find it totally ironical that someone who treats tumours and cancers actually goes around spreading them through his blatant hatred for Muslims. The BJP shot itself in its foot by inviting him to a meeting of the party's minorities cell. Togadia lashed out at his favourite targets, saying "No one can protect minorities in the country. This can be possible only if they are able to get the love of the majority. But, love is not a one way traffic."

    If nothing, it is blatant blackmail. Agree to our demands, else .... The same blackmail which the Prime Minister refused to allow become a negotiating tool. I wonder why on earth he was invited to the meeting. Was it a deliberate ploy from the BJP high command to make the Muslims in the party feel squeamish and agree to the demands?

    Advani claiming that the Gujarat riots were an aberration

    The deputy PM said that Gujarat's image had been affected abroad due to a "sustained propaganda''. He also criticised those who "knowingly or unknowingly'' brought a bad name to the State (and to India) with propaganda about the riots. The shocking admission that the riots were an aberration flies in the face of Narendra Modi's repeated claims (before the investigating agencies too, if I remember correctly) that communal riots in Gujarat had been a regular feature since the 1960s or so. Advani's argument takes the cake. Gujarat (and by extension, India) have a bad image not because of the riots, but because of the people (media, NGOs etc.) who exposed the politicians for what they are. This sums up the BJP's motto. You're a criminal only when you commit a crime and get caught, if you dont get caught, then you're not.

    I came across this interesting link while hunting around for quotes.

    Labels:



    Some of the sites linked in my rants may require registration/subscription. Links within my ramblings open in a new window.
    Some of the links may now be broken/not take you to the expected report since the original content providers may have archived/removed the contents.
    All opinions expressed are mine alone. My employers (past, present or future) are in no way connected to the opinions expressed here.
    All pictures, photographs used are copyrights of the original owners. I do not intend to infringe on any copyright.
    Pictures and photographs are used here to merely accentuate and enhance the content value to the readers.


    Previous Posts
    Politics of Cricket Ho hum. YAPTC happened this w...

    Personal I got back home on Saturday midnight. Th...

    Travel I know it has been a while since my last u...

    Travel I got dropped off at Oakland Airport [well...

    Travel Few more colleagues from the Bangalore off...

    Travel Back to the travelblog. On Saturday, I met...

    Politics I'm forced to digress from the current t...

    Travel Nothing happened during the weekdays, exce...

    Travel Thursday and Friday were fairly monotonous...

    Travel On Monday night, I managed to get dialup i...

    This page is powered by Blogger.